Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Whatever I Happen To Type:)

So. I'm so ready to move in.
*sigh* my family is really big on procrastination. I think it's a talent, no one procrastinates like these people:)
I have so much dorm stuff to finish getting.
Got my bed set the other day. Love it! It's very colorful. Which makes me happeh:) I'm a little worried because I haven't heard of anyone on my floor except my roommate. So hopefully I'll find some more people:)
I can't wrap my mind around it. This school seems to amazing to be true:)
Sounds ridiculous, doesn't it? "oh golly, I just can't wait to go to school!":)
So guess what?
You are so lucky. I'm going to tell you the amazing story of when I found out I was accepted.

As I stood at the top of the Leaning Tower of Pisa...:) no not really:)
I was in the Atlanta airport waiting to board my flight to Italy. I went back in March with my sister and a group from my school.
We went to the bathroom during the like 8 hour layover:/ it was sooo boring! Anyway, the trip was being led by my choir teacher, who had helped me prepare for the school audition and is alot of the reason I got in. She's amazing.
Anyway, my sister and I had just eaten lunch when my best friend DeeJay texted me. He said something like, I guess they posted who got accepted......
I was freaking out in my mind. When I saw all the dots after accepted I was like craaaaap 'cause dots mean 'I'm withholding information and beating around the bush because it's not good'. So I was sure I didn't make it. So holding back tears I responded "that's okay it's fine" when in my mind I was telling myself "You're Lying!! LIES!" then he responded oh it didn't say who all made it.
Hope. Restored.
So. I texted my mom who was at home and asked her to check the mail cause the letter should be there. She said she'd check when she got a chance. So my sister and I went to the bathroom.
Then, in a bathroom stall in the Atlanta airport (of all possible places) my mom called.
"hello?" I said.
"Kiki?!" my mom said in a super excited voice. My mind said, no. Way,
"mom?!" I said almost crying. I honestly thought I wasn't going to make it, and it felt like my mom might be playing a sick joke on me.
"Kiki?! I got your letter!"
Oh my gosh. Ohhhh my goshness.
"mom?! Are you joking?!"
She sAid you made it.
"mom please tell me you arent joking!"
By the way, this was all in hysterical happy tears voice. And my sister hears my crying and my side of the conversation outside my stall:) oh my:)
Then I went to Rome. Can we say best 24 hours ever?:)

So yeah. That's how that happened.
Well, I gotsta go. So yeah... That's Just What's On My Mind...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment