Monday, August 1, 2011

Stuffed Animals:)

Whoa whoa whoa. Don't make that face.

So I know what you're thinking.
Stuffed Animals? Are you even serious?

But this is not about 10 million care bears or something. I have 4 stuffed animals. And yes, I know it's ridiculous to be my age and have them, but they are all special. And none of them were from my childhood. And they all have a story.
This is Lamby. Obviously, a silent b in Lamby. This is my little lamb. You can't see in the picture, but this amazing little thing has sparkles in his fur! He's awesome. He's a baby.
I got Lamby from Isaias, which is a family friend of ours from Guatelmama. BAHA I just saw that typo. Guatemala:) His wife is really sweet too... even though I can't really speak her language.... literally:)

Languages barriers are not cool. That's why I have to learn some more languages! Goodness.
So yeah, that's Lamby.

This is Steve.
He has a song.

"I'm Steve. I'm a yellow pig. With a pink bowtie. Ohh, Steve."
And repeat:)

I won Steve in one of those claw machines at Pizza Hut with my little brother. The 8 year old one. But he was like 6 or 7 at the time. Anyway, so that's kindof 'our' stuffed animal. Steve is a yellow pig. He's cool.
'Nuff said.

So this is Pudgy the Penguin. He is named Pudgy because of his pudgy cheeks. ADORABLE.
Pudgy has long velcro arms and feet that used to be wrapped around an awesome little blanket... Blanket is gone... His arms are obviously empty.
So.
Ninth grade. Second period. Part of my insides exploded. No joke:)
But before that, my mummy dear was at the store and got it for me, 'cause I love penguins. Penguins are without a doubt the most amazing animals EVER.
She was going to give it to me after school... however, plans changed:)
I had to call her and get checked out 'cause I had a minor complication that just happened to hurt like 10 thousand hot needles wreaking havoc on my bodeh! NOT. FUN.
Anyway, it turned out to be a something or other that ruptured and I was okay. Hasn't happened again, so that's good:)
So when we were finally leaving the hospital she handed it to me and it was awesome.
And so, Pudgy the Penguin became officially awesomated. The end.

Just kidding, I got one more:)

This is my dear Maximus.
I got Maximus somewhere between Venice and Florence.
On the trip to Italy I mentioned in a previous post, we would take loooong bus rides between some towns. So to stop and move our legs, get a snack, stretch a little, we stopped at these things called motoways, or motorways, not sure which. They were all called Autogrill. They were like truck stops, sort of. Anyway, they sold all kinds of foods and toys and gift baskets and cds and books, that's where I bought a few presents for friends.
I've heard of people sometimes having a stuffed animal or something of that nature to take pictures with while they travel, just as a fun way to remember the trips. So after Rome and Venice I thought my goodness, I need one! So I looked all over the Autogrill we stopped at and couldn't find the right thing. Then I happened upon a big box of yellow ducks, and I knew I'd found it:) I picked Maximus because he, unlike the others, has a black dot on one of his feet because he was sown like that. It's a little knot of black string. No idea why it's there, but it's his identifier:)
So I couldn't think of the right name. On the bus while talking to a girl I was in AP World History with, she said I should name him Maximus, after the Gladiator. No, he is not from Venice or Florence or really anywhere near there, but it was awesome.
Now let's get one thing straight here.
Maximus.
NOT Max.
MaxIMUS!!
It sounds big and brave. That's my big brave stuffed duck toy!!

Even though it is Maximus, Rafa is allowed to call him Max because he wants to. But no one else.
MAXIMUS.
By the way, this is my wonderful Maximus holding up the Leaning Tower of Pisa.

That is NOT the hand of a classmate holding him up... You just think it is.... It's actually his royal throne... 'Cause he's awesome like that... DON'T JUDGE!!

hehe:)
These are their family photos, because, well, quite honestly, I'm really bored. So this is them:)

Everybody:)
 It's not easy being yellow.
 Black, and white, the perfect combinaaation!
 The birds:)
...They don't really like each other... Not much in common.

So those are my stuffed animals! Kinda ridiculous, I know, but they're awesome:)
So yeah... That's Just What's On My Mind...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment